Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/16 22:38:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Discuss Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 RC2

This is the discussion thread.

In RC2, the build script should now make the folder chain for bin-legacy.
It didn't always do that for everyone.

We are now going to use Jflex 1.5 which is under BSD so we don't have to
have it as a prerequisite.

Also, we hopefully fixed the two issues brought up by the folks attempting
to integrate with FDT.

I also added some more information to the RELEASE_NOTES mentioning that
this is an 'alpha' release and noting a few things that we know don't work.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, thanks, I'll look into it.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Also just run into this - I'm assuming you using a 32 bit version of Java to compile?

./compc
Using Flex SDK: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.12released/
Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.
Please install the desired version.
./mxmlc
Using Flex SDK: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.12released/
Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.
Please install the desired version.

Thansk,
Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/16/14 9:44 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>But we do still have:
>- minor issue with version numbers
>- comp/mxmlc not working on 64 bit JVMs due to D32 options
Yeah, I'm testing fixes for those two issues.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> I'll check. I had assumed it has just been added given the changes to
>> support other IDEs.
> That was added to the cross-compiler, not the swf compiler.

Yep if you use the correct command line options it does work, sorry about that I had assumed that "-output" was a new option.

./compc -include-sources dummy.as -o dummy.swc
Using Flex SDK: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.12released/

1492 bytes written to dummy.swc in 2.190 seconds

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I may be doing something wrong, but the SDK's compc seems to have the same
behavior?  It's help for -output is the same (which is really the -output
for mxmlc).

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think it might use LZMA compression.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Not sure, are the parent folders the same for both Rcs?  Maybe you
unpacked rc2 into some place outside your trust file coverage?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The 'alpha' aspect is mentioned in the release notes.  But you're right
that I forgot to remove those paragraphs.  I must have missed that when I
was reviewing the rc1 discuss thread.  Will do shortly.