Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/16 21:52:49 UTC

Re: James as a JavaEE Connector

On Oct 16, 2012, at 1:55 AM, Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, see response inline.
>
> (also, better to use server-dev@james.apache.org and not general@james.apache.org)

Switched.

> On 15/10/2012 20:01, David Blevins wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have the goal to be able to hook James into TomEE as a JavaEE Connector and receive and process mail.  Hoping it's an afternoon or two of work, but I suspect I may be disappointed :)
>>

> We ship a war with a init-servlet that starts james.
>
> So integrating james in a web container is validated/compatible, now the JEE connector is another story.

Is this the class you mention?

 - container-spring/src/main/java/org/apache/james/container/spring/context/web/JamesServerWebApplicationContext.java

Also, none of the pom.xml files contain 'zip' or 'war'.  Which section of the build creates those?

-David

Re: James as a JavaEE Connector

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

On 16/10/2012 20:52, David Blevins wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 1:55 AM, Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi, see response inline.
>>
>> (also, better to use server-dev@james.apache.org and not general@james.apache.org)
>
> Switched.
>
>> On 15/10/2012 20:01, David Blevins wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have the goal to be able to hook James into TomEE as a JavaEE Connector and receive and process mail.  Hoping it's an afternoon or two of work, but I suspect I may be disappointed :)
>>>

>> We ship a war with a init-servlet that starts james.
>>
>> So integrating james in a web container is validated/compatible, now the JEE connector is another story.
>
> Is this the class you mention?
>
>   - container-spring/src/main/java/org/apache/james/container/spring/context/web/JamesServerWebApplicationContext.java

Yes, that class help to load the resources

> Also, none of the pom.xml files contain 'zip' or 'war'.  Which section of the build creates those?

The packaging is done by the app project (look for maven-war-plugin in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/app/trunk/pom.xml)