Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tarun Agrawal <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/19 08:55:26 UTC

JSP's in Tomcat 4.0

Hi

I'm trying to run my application on Tomcat 4.0

The flow on browser for any request is:
JSP ---> Servlet ---> JSP

Now request is going succesfully from first JSP to
Servlet and after getting executed in Servlet its
coming to secong JSP.

But before executing the secong JSP it throws the
following error:

Exception Report:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:558)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:176)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:188)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)

Root Cause:
java.lang.NumberFormatException:  F
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.getJspLineErrors(Compiler.java:321)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:280)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:543)

Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks
Tarun

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: JSP's in Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to run my application on Tomcat 4.0
>
> The flow on browser for any request is:
> JSP ---> Servlet ---> JSP
>
> Now request is going succesfully from first JSP to
> Servlet and after getting executed in Servlet its
> coming to secong JSP.
>
> But before executing the secong JSP it throws the
> following error:
>
> Root Cause:
> java.lang.NumberFormatException:  F
> at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:405)
> at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:454)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.getJspLineErrors(Compiler.java:321)

This should have been fixed in 4.0.1, so you should upgrade.

Remy

Re: JSP's in Tomcat 4.0

Posted by "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-M1G)" <hi...@bisd.hitachi.co.jp>.
Hi,

I've seen something like this before.  As I understand, Tomcat is trying
to report a compilation error but it fails to extract the error location
message from the compilation error message, because the error message is
not in English. (This is just a guess; I haven't checked the
corresponding source in Tomcat yet.)

In my case the error message from the compiler is in Japanese.  I
suppose you aren't using JDK in an English environment either.

Try calling the 2nd JSP directly. You will probably still get this
error.  Look for any errors in the JSP source and fix it.  Look into the
intermediate Java file that was generated from the JSP.  That's all I
can say..

hideo.

--
Hideo Takahashi
Business Solutions Division, Hitachi Ltd.