Posted to dev@twill.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/13 18:52:55 UTC

token retrieval for long running service

Hi,
Applications on YARN can run for over 7 days.
Can someone tell me how Twill handles tokens in secure deployment ?

Thanks

Re: token retrieval for long running service

Posted by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

The TwillRunner supports running a periodic task to acquire new
delegation tokens in the client side (as it's kerberos authenticated).
Twill will then push the new delegation tokens to a HDFS location,
that is only readable by the YARN application. The Twill AM also
periodically pull that HDFS location as well to see if it has updated
delegation tokens. This approach requires the client process is keep
running (or at least runs periodically before the current tokens
expires).

This is the method I mentioned above:

http://twill.incubator.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/twill/api/TwillRunner.html#scheduleSecureStoreUpdate(org.apache.twill.api.SecureStoreUpdater,
long, long, java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit)

Terence