Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Kirmse, Daniel" <da...@sap.com> on 2003/09/03 09:32:40 UTC

Querying Xindice

Hi,
I have added some documents to a collection /db/data. They look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<apprequest>
   <item id="9991">
	   <posnr>9991</posnr>
	   <posid>99919991</posid>
	   <name>1</name>
   </item>
</apprequest>

where the id has values from 9991 up to 9993. Two docs have the same id 9991. I tried to start a xpath_query like this:

xindice xpath_query -c /db/data -q /apprequest/item[@id="9991"]

I supposed to get some kind of reply. Instead Xindice just returns to the command prompt without saying anything. Neither it states an error or that nothing was found, nor does it provide me the expected result: Two docs would have matched the query. Am I missing something here???

Cheers,
Daniel