Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manca Davide <da...@matrix.it> on 2007/06/12 17:37:02 UTC

Tomcat 6 jsp compilation

Hello,

how can I say to Tomcat 6 to NOT compile jsp into .class files?
This because we have more machines with a Tomcat 6 each one and they should read a read-only nfs file system in which we have precompiled .class files.

Thank you.

RE: Tomcat 6 jsp compilation

Posted by Lakshmi Venkataraman <la...@foundrynet.com>.
One of the things to do is to ensure that you have app specific web.xml
placed in an
appropriate location.  This web.xml must have <servlet> and
<servlet-mapping> defined
for every precompiled jsp file as follows:
<servlet>
       <servlet-name>ImageImport</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>jsp.imageupload</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ImageImport</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/jsp/imageupload.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

--Lakshmi