Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 20:55:47 UTC

Migrating to Nexus?

Hi all
I think it's time to migrate the Maven repository used by Tiles to the
Nexus professional instance @Apache.
I would take care of all the steps involved in asking access to it.

Should I start a vote thread, like Struts team did?

Antonio

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/20 Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Antonio Petrelli
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Nexus is a Maven repository manager, just like Archiva or Artifactory,
>>> built by Sonatype and used at Apache as the main repository manager by
>>> most projects.
>>> The nicest feature I like is the staging facility, that allows
>>> promotion from a staging repository with a single click. This is good,
>>> since the Maven team seem to dislike the stage plugin.
>>> Nexus verifies every artifacts (through signatures, digests, etc.) and
>>> it assures that every published artifact is ok.
>
> Cool, so it basically means we'd no longer have to manually stage
> builds then promote them to the public repo?

If by manually you mean "on your own PC", then yes.

Antonio

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nexus is a Maven repository manager, just like Archiva or Artifactory,
>> built by Sonatype and used at Apache as the main repository manager by
>> most projects.
>> The nicest feature I like is the staging facility, that allows
>> promotion from a staging repository with a single click. This is good,
>> since the Maven team seem to dislike the stage plugin.
>> Nexus verifies every artifacts (through signatures, digests, etc.) and
>> it assures that every published artifact is ok.

Cool, so it basically means we'd no longer have to manually stage
builds then promote them to the public repo?

Greg

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/20 Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2010/5/20 Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
>> I have very little idea of what Nexus is. Can you give a brief
>> overview of what it is and why it's beneficial?
> .
> Nexus is a Maven repository manager, just like Archiva or Artifactory,
> built by Sonatype and used at Apache as the main repository manager by
> most projects.
> The nicest feature I like is the staging facility, that allows
> promotion from a staging repository with a single click. This is good,
> since the Maven team seem to dislike the stage plugin.
> Nexus verifies every artifacts (through signatures, digests, etc.) and
> it assures that every published artifact is ok.

I forgot to tell that the repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/
Try to login with your SVN credentials, I automatically seem to be in
the Struts team.

Antonio

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please, i'm also unfamiliar with this.

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Migrating to Nexus?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Antonio Petrelli
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I think it's time to migrate the Maven repository used by Tiles to the
> Nexus professional instance @Apache.
> I would take care of all the steps involved in asking access to it.
>
> Should I start a vote thread, like Struts team did?

When you open the infrastructure request they'll want a pointer to a
vote thread showing general agreement, so yes. :)

--
Wendy