Posted to user@struts.apache.org by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/03 21:37:07 UTC

jsp reload the same page

In my jsp there is a table with some contents. there is a delete and restore
buttons at bottom.

using LookupDispatchAction I am checking which action to perform and doing
so. But after performing the Action it gets forwarded to the same JSP.

according to what I had written i.e from LookupDispatchAction class forwards
to the same page,

Doing so refreshes/reloads the whole page again.

Is that what has to be done? or is there a better way just to update that
table?

Thanks.

Re: jsp reload the same page

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/05, fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In my jsp there is a table with some contents. there is a delete and restore
> buttons at bottom.
>
> using LookupDispatchAction I am checking which action to perform and doing
> so. But after performing the Action it gets forwarded to the same JSP.
>
> according to what I had written i.e from LookupDispatchAction class forwards
> to the same page,
>
> Doing so refreshes/reloads the whole page again.
>
> Is that what has to be done? or is there a better way just to update that
> table?
>
> Thanks.

Do you want to update table only, and you page has other
data/controls? Then you need Ajax.

Also, try to delete an item from your table, it will forward you to
the table. Then reload the page you just received. Doesn't it want to
delete the same row that you just deleted?

Michael.