Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Raviteja Lokineni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/21 14:42:11 UTC

Text clustering how to?

Hi all,

I am pretty new to Apache Mahout. I am trying to figure out how to do text
clustering, I was following the book Taming Text (Manning). Looking at the
book I tried to run Mahout and stumbled upon a version incompatibility with
latest Lucence indexes. I therefore opened up:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1876

Looks like the code responsible for doing what I needed to do is in legacy
map reduce code. Is there any supported(which is not deprecated or legacy)
approach to achieve what I am supposed to do?

Was wondering if someone would push / kick me in the right direction ☺.

*Raviteja Lokineni* | Business Intelligence Developer
TD Ameritrade

E: raviteja.lokineni@gmail.com

[image: View Raviteja Lokineni's profile on LinkedIn]
<http://in.linkedin.com/in/ravitejalokineni>

Re:

Posted by Raviteja Lokineni <ra...@gmail.com>.
A JIRA ticket is already open. Will write a follow up mail soon. Analyzing
the test output between before making change and after making change.

Re:

Posted by Raviteja Lokineni <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re:

Apache Mahout: Scalable machine learning and data mining<http://mahout.apache.org/developers/how-to-contribute.html>