Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 21:37:47 UTC

error "Sorry, Please sync-up the users with your source directory"

Hi,

My ranger UI shows "Sorry, Please sync-up the users with your source
directory." suddenly. I did not see any error in any ranger log and have
confirmed that usersync can get users from LDAP. Restarting ranger does not
help.

Any idea? Thanks.

Re: error "Sorry, Please sync-up the users with your source directory"

Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com>.
This is known issue from Knox side.

From: Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:53 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject: Re: error "Sorry, Please sync-up the users with your source directory"

Ranger works if I use a private window in firefox. Looks like above error is caused by stale web caching. Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:35 PM, Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Thanks Vipin. I will provide log when I have it.
This error was thrown when I access ranger via knox. Interestingly, accessing ranger UI via ssh tunnel does not have such issue.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Vipin Rathor <v....@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello Lian,
I understand that Ranger log didn't show any error. Without an error stack (or even a screenshot will do!), it will be tough for anyone here to give you appropriate advice. Please check xa_portal.log , catalina.out (for Ranger Admin) and usersync.log (for Ranger Usersync). You might also want to enable debug in log4j for Ranger Admin and/or Usersync as the case may be.
Regards,
VR

Re: error "Sorry, Please sync-up the users with your source directory"

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.