Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 18:11:43 UTC

[VOTE] Merge Temp_WhitespaceManagement to trunk

Hi,

as you may be aware, Seifeddine Dridi has been working for the past few
months on an extension to manage the white space available in
a document. It is based on the fo:multi-switch element and selects the
first fo:multi-case child that fits on the page. That allows to define
smaller variants in case there is not enough space left on the page.

The approach is similar to what is described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/WhitespaceManagement

All patches, comments and discussions are available in the following
JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2293

The code is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_WhitespaceManagement

It has reached a state where we believe it is ready to be merged to
trunk.

This vote will run until Friday, 25th April 16:00 UTC.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Merge Temp_WhitespaceManagement to trunk

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me! Thanks for your hard work!

Cheers!

Clay

--

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Thanks to Vincent and Seifeddine for a great new feature.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Mehdi Houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
In that case, I will add my +1.

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
If the implemented behavior is select-first-fitting then it makes
sense. The behavior I observed is the one you described. The wiki page
described best-fitting and I had built an example based on what I expected
best fit to be.

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luis,

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
In the situation where I see this feature being used (like to place a
banner ad, very likely an image, at the bottom of a page) I don't see these
constraints as being a problem. Hence my vote.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Merge Temp_WhitespaceManagement to trunk

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
So we have 7 +1s, the vote passes. Thanks to all those who voted. I will
now start the merging process.

Vincent