Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Clifton Craig <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/08 17:52:31 UTC

How to reuse a fileset as a Class-Path in a manifest

Hello All:

I'm trying to re-use a fileset pointing to a lib folder containing all of my
jars as a manifest Class-Path entry for my project. In short, my approach is
to declare a property referencing the fileset object id. This gives me a
value such as this:

swixml.jar;jdom.jar

I am then looking to declare a manifest entry for my projects resulting jar
that looks like this:

Class-Path: swixml.jar jdom.jar

If I use the <pathconvert/> task I get the absolute path of each entry in the
list as it is relative to my project folder. For example I'll get this:

Class-Path: /home/ccc/IdeaProjects/myproj/swixml.jar /home/ccc/IdeaProjects/myproj/jdom.jar

I don't want to use any complexity or trickery to acheive my result (for
example a custom task or a script task) but I just don't see any other way.
I'm hoping to keep my build file relatively simple as I am trying to create
some standard practices for my team. Is there a better way?

--
Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
clifton.craig@gmail.com