Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Toshiya TSURU <tu...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 08:25:53 UTC

Japanese Tokenizer Model

Hi.

I'm a software developer in Tokyo,Japan.
I found that RapidMiner uses OpenNLP for its tokenization process.

But, the token given by RapidMiner is strange.
Because There is no Tokenizer model for Japanese.

Although I've checked the page below,
The models For Japanese is not found.
http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/

How can I get Japanese model?
Or Can I create one?

--
Toshiya TSURU <tu...@gmail.com>
http://twitter.com/turutosiya

Re: Japanese Tokenizer Model

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Toshiya,

I can't answer your questions with certainty, but I'm very doubtful
that the parameters from the mecab training process (Sen is just as
java port of mecab) will be usable with the opennlp tokenizer. The
mecab training data might be your best bet if you don't want to write
code but rather just train a model.

--benson

Posted by Toshiya TSURU <tu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Benson.