Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net> on 2008/11/06 13:58:31 UTC

What is the 'website owner' email address used for?

Under the General Settings of a Roller blog, there's a field labelled
"Email address of weblog owner". Does anyone know what that's used for?

Regardless of that setting, email notification of comments appears to
go to the address of the post author
(i.e. the email address under User Admin on the sitewide menus).

Is that right?

We're trying to figure out how a group of authors can all be notified
of comments.

Suppose captainawesome@blogs.com and doctorgreenthumb@blogs.com are 2 users
on the 'superfriends' blog. I'd like a superfriends@blogs.com email
address to be notified
by email when comments come in.

We tried putting superfriends@blogs.com as "Email address of weblog
owner" , but
if the comment is on a post by captain awesome, he'll always get the
notification, and
Dr. Greenthumb is none the wiser.

Is that expected behaviour? And how would I go about changing it?

Re: What is the 'website owner' email address used for?

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
Yeah, thanks Dave - I spotted Lindas post this morning; quite timely :)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.