Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> on 2015/07/28 15:48:54 UTC

Removal of hibernate dependency

Hello everybody,

I have removed the hibernate dependency from taverna-reference-impl.
There may be cascade effects that will need to be fixed as well.

Alan

Re: Removal of hibernate dependency

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: Removal of hibernate dependency

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 29-Jul-15 08:29, Christian Brenninkmeijer wrote:
> If the goal is to remove hibrate, the best approach is to comment out hibernate from the parent pom with a message that is no loner supported.

Yes. It is probably a good idea to remove the hibernate stuff from the
parent pom. However, some modules can import with an explicit version :(

> That way code that still uses hibrate will NOT build and no one will accidentally put it back.

No. It will still build _with_ an explicit version. That's why I started
at the reference impl and removed the hibernate variants of the classes.
If any code is weird enough to reference those classes then it will break.

We'll also need to any application contexts that talk about the database
version.

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.