Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Dugger <md...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 16:48:55 UTC

plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Building in my local dev environment works.  However, while attempting to
build on a remote production server, I'm getting the following for any
plugin:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-XXX-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

Using Maven 2.0.8 and a variety of switches: -U, -cpu, etc

I've already deleted ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/ in hopes it
was simply corrupted without any success.  Anyone else experiencing this
behavior today?

--
Marc Dugger
marc@realtybaron.com

RE: plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Are these codehaus plugins? Someone wiped the metadata during a deploy
yesterday. It is being restored.