Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Ludovic Engrand <Lu...@serfrance.fr> on 2000/03/13 12:59:31 UTC

IIS and Tomcat configuration

Hi everyone.

I'm using IIS/PWS 4.0 and Tomcat 3.1 beta1.

I've been trying to configure Tomcat and IIS to run together according
to the IIS-Howto
(http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-tomcat/etc/).

I add the isapi_redirect.dll as the http filter as described in the
howto but the DLL cannot be loaded (there is an awful red arrow instead
of the expected green one).

The event observator only says that the DLL cannot be loaded and the
data's are the error.

Has anyone ever seen a such thing, please help !

--
LoKi

Re: IIS and Tomcat configuration

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.

> When starting IIS I can see that something is written in the isapi log
> file (informations about the two rules added), but after that if I look
> in the "ISAPI filter" paramaters of my web server, there is still a red
> arrow for my jakarta filter.

This actually means that the filter initialization failed...
In your case (mapping rules are OK) there can be a single reason
for this and it is that loading the worker.properties file failed for
some reason.

Can you check that the full-path to your worker.properties is correct?
also
check that you do not have a typo in the worker.properties key (should
be
worker_file).

> Tomcat seems to be well configured, because I can launch it standalone
> or with an apache server, so the problem might come from the dll.

Yes, this is probably a problem with the isapi plugin configuration...

> ps: Here are the sizes of my binary dll files :
> isapi_redirect.dll = 98304 bytes
> jni_connect.dll = 49152 bytes (I'm not using it but ...)

This size is just fine.

	Gal Shachor

Re: IIS and Tomcat configuration

Posted by Ludovic Engrand <Lu...@serfrance.fr>.
Thanks for the new binary dll. But there's still a problem.

When starting IIS I can see that something is written in the isapi log
file (informations about the two rules added), but after that if I look
in the "ISAPI filter" paramaters of my web server, there is still a red
arrow for my jakarta filter.

The event observator shows me an error, here is the error code in bytes
:
0000: 02 00 00 00

Tomcat seems to be well configured, because I can launch it standalone
or with an apache server, so the problem might come from the dll.

Thanks again for you help

--
LoKi

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.