Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Robert Lin <Ro...@nextlabs.com> on 2007/05/15 20:30:11 UTC

Will myFaces 1.0_9 work with JSF 1.2?

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade to JSF 1.2, but I still have myFaces 1.0 and
would like to wait until myFaces 1.2 is officially released to upgrade
myFaces.  I was wondering if this kind of setup will work, will there be
any potential problems?

Thanks.

______________________________________

Robert I. Lin

Software Engineer | NextLabs, Inc. (formerly Blue Jungle, Inc.) | San
Mateo, CA

(650) 577-9101 Ext. 225

http://www.nextlabs.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertlin

Re: Will myFaces 1.0_9 work with JSF 1.2?

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Current myfaces releases is not JSF 1.2. Your only solution then to
"upgrade to JSF 1.2" is to replace your current use of myfaces
implementation with the sun RI. You are not supposed to use 2 different
implementations of the JSF specifications at same time (they contains
the same classes, you will get not funny classloader related issues if
you have both at same time).

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Supposedly 1.1 and 1.2 are backward-compatible.    It should work
fine, but there will probably be unforseen issues :-)