Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mounagurusamy, Jayakumar (HAL)" <JM...@HollandAmerica.com> on 2003/07/02 18:56:40 UTC

Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

Hello,

I was reading the "SSL Extension for Struts HTTP/HTTPS switching" document,
it explains about using SecureRequestProcessor, and initialization handled
through Plugin. Also says " Please give it a try and let us know what you
think. Download the distribution. Look at the example apps, especially the
config files"

Question 1: What is the distribution means? where can I download from? I
checked  the struts1.1 download and I could not find the mentioned classes
Question 2: Did any one implemented this? if so can you share your
experience?

thanks
Jay

---------- x---------- x---------- x---------- x---------- x----------
x---------- x---------- x----------
Jayakumar Mounagurusamy		Email: 	jmounagurusamy@hollandamerica.com
Senior Programmer Analyst		Work:	206-298-3831
Information Services			Pager:	206-570-4532
300 Elliott Avenue West	                Extension: x3831
Seattle WA 98119

Re: Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
We've started using it here at work, I recompiled it with the struts 1.1
libs and it seems to work pretty well.. its not fully implemented but it is
capable of redirecting you in and out of an HTTPS session.  I have heard
there is a bug maintaining a session though when you switch from https back
to http in tomcat 4.1.24, havn't had a problem yet however..
-David