Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/20 17:21:56 UTC

Re: Turning off Chunked Encoding...

Thanks David,

I am curious does anyone know if chunked encoding by default was enabled in httpclient sometime after httpclient 3.1? I see hints of it when I google.

Thanks,
-Tony

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 08:21:56AM -0700, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> I am curious does anyone know if chunked encoding by default was enabled in httpclient sometime after httpclient 3.1? I see hints of it when I google.
>
> Thanks,
> -Tony

Chunk content coding was always on since early 2.x versions. Support for chunk transfer encoding is mandated by the HTTP/1.1 spec.

Oleg