Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/17 17:32:13 UTC

Re: loader constraints violated when linking javax/el/ELResolver class error

It's probably the el-api.jar (and possibly also el-ri.jar).

Jsp 2.1 provides its own el-api (and I think perhaps el-ri as well,
but I'm no expert on jsp -- I do all of my development in facelets).

I had this "java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when
linking javax/el/ELResolver class" problem a couple of weeks ago with
jetty.  It was followed by some class-not-found/class-cast issues,
which turned out to be fixed by insuring that the jetty & jetty jsp
jars were the first item in the class path.

Posted by beginner_prithvi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,Richard,
Thank you very much for your immediate help.
Actually I was trying to use tomahawk in order to implement dynamic tabs.
I searched on the internet and found RichFaces can do this job very easily.
So instead of tomahawk now I am using RichFaces :)

@Mike,
As you said you work in facelets, I have some queries in the same and I have
posted it in facelets user forum. I will appreciate if i get some more help
from you.

@Richard,
I will appreciate your help also :)

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
Use the myfaces 1.2.x and the tomahawk 1.2 libs. Tomcat supportsxjsf 1.2

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by beginner_prithvi <he...@gmail.com>.