Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 22:58:38 UTC

Re: use of JMS or AMQP style clients ??

I would use JMS unless there is a feature you need is currently not exposed
via configuration + pure JMS.
My experience is that most use cases could be handled using pure JMS +
configuration via the JNDI file.
There are currently a few limitations such as not being able to bind a queue
to multiple exchange/routing key pairs or not being able to specify
arguments when declaring queues/exchanges or when binding queues. However we
are currently working/planning to work on these aspects.

The danger of using something close to the AMQP wire protocol is that there
will be some pain when it changes.
So I would avoid using such an API atleast until there is support for AMQP
1.0 where there will be some guarantee on backwards compatibility.

If you are in doubt about whether your use cases can be met with pure JMS +
configuration please feel free to descibe them in abstract form.
The Qpid developers could help find the solutions within the current
structure or if unable to meet we could make sure we add them to our to do
list.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat