Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/04/20 15:08:50 UTC

Re: A home for JRCS

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 12:53, Juancarlo Añez wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There continues to be interest in JRCS from outside the Turbine-Maven
> community. In contrast, after having polished and documented the libs,
> this group has apparently lost interest in the tool.

Just haven't gotten there yet, but still definitely interested! :-)

> A couple of weeks ago it was suggested that JRCS be moved outside of
> Turbine-Maven and into a more generic Apache package, like the commons.
>
> Either in the commons or back in my own repository, the library needs to
> be made public again so patches and bug reports correspond to the latest
> version.
>
> Any ideas?

I think the commons is a good place for it. I can package it up and put
it in the sandbox and when the docs are more complete and is seen by a
few more people we can propose to promote it to a top-level commons
package. How does that sound?

I still have a definite interest but there are more basic things in
maven that need to be worked out for and that's where I'm focusing. I
think the commons is the best place for it. Shall I repackage it and put
it in the commons?

> Juanco

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: A home for JRCS

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 21:04, Juancarlo Añez wrote:
> Jason,
>
> > I still have a definite interest but there are more basic
> > things in maven that need to be worked out for and that's
> > where I'm focusing. I think the commons is the best place for
> > it. Shall I repackage it and put it in the commons?
>
> Please do. That would help. Just remember to request access for me to
> wherever the library ends up living.

Definitely. I'm Enschede right now but tonight I will move the code
over. Will let you know when the move is made.

> The only issue remaining is "official" releases. I don't think I have
> access to the Jakarta web site, and I bet that the rules of engagement
> there are complex. I could continue to publish the releases at the old
> web site until things get settled. I want to get out of the way of
> people wanting to contribute to the library, and having the latest
> version published all the time seems like the best way for now.

Shouldn't be a problem, I'll request the access you need so you can do
the documentation properly.

> Juanco

jvz.

Jason van Zyl