Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wylie van den Akker <na...@personallc.com> on 2004/10/01 23:42:19 UTC

Tiles Defs put problem

OK yall, I'm running into a nasty situation where i have a a content
tile and a navigation tile inside of a layout tile which extends a
layout tile. The problem is im doing some puts inside the various
content tiles that the nav tile cant see when i use tiles:importAttribute.

Here is the tiles code....

 <definition name="template.client.myAccount.myAccountLayout"
            path="/WEB-INF/jsp/client/memberLayout.jsp">
        <put name="content"
             value="/WEB-INF/jsp/client/myAccount/myAccountLayout.jsp"/>
        <put name="loc"                  <-- for the main navigation
             value="my_account"
             type="string"/>
    </definition>
    <definition name="pages.client.myAccount.myAccount"
            extends="template.client.myAccount.myAccountLayout">
        <put name="sub_content"
             value="/WEB-INF/jsp/client/myAccount/myAccount.jsp"/>
        <put name="subloc"              <-- for the account navigation
(my nav tile cant see this and java pitches a fit about it)
             value="info"
             type="string"/>
    </definition>

any ideas?

Re: Tiles Defs put problem

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Wylie,
it's not obvious what you were trying to do with puts inside one tile
that relate to another tile, but what you can try doing as a quick and
dirty experiment is to put a <put name="sub_content" value=""/> in your
parent tile (plus one for subloc).

Inheritance in tiles is not as straight forward as you would think. The
empty value for sub_content will act as a place holder.

Adam