Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Roman D <do...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/25 20:47:21 UTC

Slide-WCK deploy Tomcat issues

Hello,
It's my 3rd week of trying to make Slide+WCK work. I've been doing this
daily since 5th Nov. I must be very dumb or this stuff is not for
regular people ;)
My progress so far- it works but JAAS auth doesnt allow to access slide
context.
Tomcat 5.0.28, WindowsXP. Slide checked out from HEAD.

Meanwhile I encountered following issues;

Tomcat does not start anymore after running WCK build with deploy target.

stderr.log:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 0 ms
	at
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:619)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:579)
	... 6 more

I found out that somehow Tomcat get confused that server.xml references
  /slide context, but slide is not deployed.
The trick is following;
- run WCK-deploy build. It will patch server.xml and other files.
Tomcat doesn't start anymore.
- overwrite patched server.xml with server.xml.orig.
- Start Tomcat. wow it starts now!
Now Tomcat will deploy slide.war that was put in webapps by wck build.
- Next step; replace server.xml with patched server.xml and restart
Tomcat again.it works.

Now I don't get any jaas authentication.

org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm authenticate
SEVERE: Unexpected error
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
	at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:97)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to locate a login configuration
	at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(ConfigFile.java:206)
	at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:95)
	... 33 more

I suspect the following;
WCK deploy build patches bin/startup.bat with
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS%
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/jaas.config

That may be insufficent for windows since It starts through service
launcher and it seem to use startup-using-launcher.bat, not startup.bat.
I added CATALINA_OPTS line to startup-using-launcher.bat file.
It doesn't do anything. Same Jaas config not found error.

And it's not possible to start from command line using startup.bat;
c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\bin>startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       c:/j2sdk1.4.2_04
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files/Apache

But that's a tomcat issue.
Of course obvious step is to install tomcat in simple path like
c:\tomcat, but that would be quite preposterous. I need to have it
working on any installation path.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!