Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Robert J Berger <rb...@runa.com> on 2011/08/09 10:34:14 UTC

Is it ok to manually delta ~hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/*

Looks like I have something not configured particularly well so that mapred/local/taskTracker/archive is a local filesystem and its filling things up.

Is it ok to delete mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/* at the Unix level? Or is there some other way to force that to be deleted. I can't really restart my hadoop cluster just to fix this right n ow. I'm running hadoop 0.20.1.

Thanks!
Rob

__________________
Robert J Berger - CTO
Runa Inc.
+1 408-838-8896
http://blog.ibd.com

Re: Is it ok to manually delta ~hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/*

Posted by Robert J Berger <rb...@runa.com>.
Great, I can restart the tasktracker with no issue. Glad I didn't manually delete the files! I'll give your suggestions a try.

We're (still) working on migrating to the latest and greatest versions of hadoop/hbase.  (Have to robustly backup our HBase first. We're almost there)

Thanks for the help!
Rob

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@hortonworks.com>.