Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ajCohen <ac...@morphotrust.com> on 2012/10/12 21:44:10 UTC

Consumer cannot receive 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' messages

Hi All,

For some reason I cannot get my message consumer to consume an
'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' advisory message. When the master is
killed, the slave takes over and I can see in the slave web console (under
topics) that one 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' message was enqueued.
However, my Message Consumer never receives it! The code snippet below
illustrates what I'm doing. Note that I can  consume
'ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection' messages using the same code!! Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Session session = conn.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(
AdvisorySupport.getMasterBrokerAdvisoryTopic());
// It will receive Connection Advisory messages! Just not MasterBroker
advisory messages :(
//MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(
AdvisorySupport.getConnectionAdvisoryTopic());

Message msg = null;
while (true) {
        msg = consumer.receive(30000);
	System.out.println(name + " Received: " + msg);
}

-Andrew

Re: Consumer cannot receive 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' messages

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
What version of activemq are you using?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM, ajCohen <ac...@morphotrust.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For some reason I cannot get my message consumer to consume an
> 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' advisory message. When the master is
> killed, the slave takes over and I can see in the slave web console (under
> topics) that one 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker' message was enqueued.
> However, my Message Consumer never receives it! The code snippet below
> illustrates what I'm doing. Note that I can  consume
> 'ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection' messages using the same code!! Any help
> would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Session session = conn.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
> MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(
> AdvisorySupport.getMasterBrokerAdvisoryTopic());
> // It will receive Connection Advisory messages! Just not MasterBroker
> advisory messages :(
> //MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(
> AdvisorySupport.getConnectionAdvisoryTopic());
>
> Message msg = null;
> while (true) {
>         msg = consumer.receive(30000);
>         System.out.println(name + " Received: " + msg);
> }
>
> -Andrew

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog