Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brad Thacker <br...@oracle.com> on 2006/02/28 17:07:07 UTC

FOP 0.91 beta not rendering blank pages

I routinely use FOP 0.20.5 in conjunction with DocBook stylesheets
(version 1.66.1) to create PDF documents,  and recently started
experimenting with FOP 0.91 beta with the same Docbook tool set.  Using
FOP 0.91 beta, blank pages don't seem to render (to get a new
page-sequence to start on an odd page), although they render fine using
FOP 0.20.5.

I've looked at the FOP Compliance web page and compared the support for
pagination and payout properties for the two releases, and they seem to
be the same for the relevant properties (force-page-count is not
supported on either FOP 0.2.0.5 or FOP 0.91 beta, and
initial-page-number is supported on both). Using the DocBook
stylesheets, I set  initial-page-number=auto-odd, and tried setting
force-page-count to end-on-even, auto, and even. In none of  these cases
were blank pages created using FOP 0.91 beta. When a page sequence ends
on an odd page, the next even page is skipped and the following
page-sequence starts on an odd page.

Is there an inherent difference between FOP 0,205 and  FOP 0.91 beta
that would explain the difference in the rendering of blank pages, or is
there another FO parameter that would explain the difference in the output?

Brad

Re: FOP 0.91 beta not rendering blank pages

Posted by Brad Thacker <br...@oracle.com>.
I don't see a problem with the initial-page-number property because each
chapter in my rendered doc starts on an odd page like it's supposed to,
although the prior even (blank) page is missing. If the force-page-count
property is now enabled in the latest FOP trunk, it sounds like I'll be
in business once I get the updated software - thanks!

Brad

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Brad Thacker <br...@oracle.com>.
Hi Jeremias,