Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/09/10 19:49:03 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Removal of mod_jk for Apache 2.0 from jakarta-tomcat f or T omcat 3.3

I spent some quality time with emacs and merge, comparing j-t-c and j-t
versions of jk.

So far things look very good, all fixes in j-t seems to be already in
j-t-c. The only big difference ( that makes difficult to comapare ) is
ajp13, but it seems we are ok there.

Henri - could we undo the ajp13.c changes, for example by copying the
current ajp13 from j-t and re-doing the autoconf changes ? Having
ajp_common is nice, but I think we would be better if we keep
ajp13 unchanged and let ajp14 evolve without having common code
with ajp13. The protocols are not backward compatible, and they shouldn't
anyway.

Only major fixes should be merged back into j-t, the code there is stable
and it's far better to keep it that way as it reduces the pressure on
j-t-c.

You can treat this as a branch - because if we drop j-t/src/native and
use j-t-c, then we'll have to create a branch for the stable release.

Of course, the nice thing is that most changes in j-t-c/jk will happen
in ajp14 and probably a new jni connector ( that I'm planning ), so
releasing a j-t-c should be much easier ( it'll have the same stable
code as j-t, plus extra features ).

BTW, since j-t-c/jk works for both 3.3 and 4.0, it would be nice if
we could plan a release of the jk connector ( or at least milestone/alpha
or beta ) sometime shortly after 3.3 and 4.0 are out ( so it can
rely on the stable environment and be tested with it )

Costin

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Keith Wannamaker wrote:

> I just finished merging all the chunked encoding
> support for ajp13 into j-t-c and was about to checkin.
> I'll hold off until we decide about this:
>
> | Henri - could we undo the ajp13.c changes, for example by copying the
> | current ajp13 from j-t and re-doing the autoconf changes ? Having

If you have them, just check in. If we do this, the changes will get in
anyway ( since we have them in j-t ).

Yes, I hate duplication ...

Costin

RE: [VOTE] Removal of mod_jk for Apache 2.0 from jakarta-tomcat f or T omcat 3.3

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>.
I just finished merging all the chunked encoding
support for ajp13 into j-t-c and was about to checkin.
I'll hold off until we decide about this:

| Henri - could we undo the ajp13.c changes, for example by copying the
| current ajp13 from j-t and re-doing the autoconf changes ? Having

Keith