Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2011/04/01 21:02:43 UTC

Status of 2.4.0....

At the begining of March, I promoted the idea of trying to get 2.4.0 out the
door by the end  of March.  Well, that obviously didn't happen.   However, a
lot of good things did go in last month so I'm definitely not unhappy about
it.

I think we're now getting "really close".   I've done a TON of testing this
week in OSGi as well as a bunch of other tests.    Next week I  plan to do
quite a bit more testing with Camel and more Karaf/blueprint testing to really
nail some of that down.  I also want to test  a bit with the newly release
ActiveMQ 5.5, but I don't really expect any problems there.   Thus, I really
think we're almost ready.

That just leaves a couple of snapshot deps.   The vote has been started for
the Neethi release and we're hoping to start the vote for the WSS4J release
early next week as well.   For those of  you on the WS PMC, votes would be
most helpful.  :-)

It would be great if folks could also do a quick run through the open JIRA's
and see if anything could be fixed quickly/easily (or even has patches) and
get those closed out.

Anyway, for those that were expecting it the end of March, I appologize, but I
think we're better off with the delay.  Just give us another week or so to
really solidify things.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org