Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Steven Nisbet <s....@mmu.ac.uk> on 2011/01/24 12:06:13 UTC

ballpark best setup for Wookie

Morning folks,
I'm putting together a spec for a Wookie provision with our VLE Hosts @
ULCC. I wondered what thoughts we have regarding recommended specs for
servers and platform against, for instance - expected rates of requests.In
other words, if we have a number of widgets on a Moodle / VLE install that
are called by default by all of say 10,000 / 20,000 / 30,000 students
several times a day, then what kind of scalability deliberations are
necessary in platform choice? MySQL vs Derby and so on. Anyone ever done
any load or stress testing?

Best wishes and thanks

Steve

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "