Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kent Perrier <kp...@ev1.net> on 2002/09/26 23:59:56 UTC

deploying an app developed with Turbine to stock Tomcat 4.0.5

Hi all,

I am working on deploying a production server for an app that the developers
have used Turbine speed development (TDK 2.1).  I will not have the app to
deploy for a couple of weeks and I need to get the server ready.  Will an
app developed using the TDK deploy to a vanilla instance is Tomcat?

Thanks,

Kent

Re: deploying an app developed with Turbine to stock Tomcat 4.0.5

Posted by "Dan K." <da...@YorkU.CA>.
Hi,

One thing I like about webapps is that once packaged into a .war (with all
necessary libs and stuff), you just copy the .war over to a vanilla
install and it'll work right off the bat (assuming you don't need
server/common libs but even that shouldn't be difficult).  You can also
enable the unarchive feature of tomcat.

My only beef is that we want our logs to be in /var/log/app so I have to
unarchive it and then symlink the log directory...a bit of a p.i.t.a.  But
oh well.

Regards,
Dan

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.