Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2013/06/25 04:30:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.4.0 RC1

This is the fourth release for Apache Flume as a top-level project,
version 1.4.0. We are voting on release candidate RC1.

It fixes the following issues:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=756924e96ace470289472a3bdb4d87e273ca74ef

*** Please cast your vote within the next 72 hours ***

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), and checksums (*.md5, *.sha1)
for the source and binary artifacts can be found here:
  http://people.apache.org/~mpercy/flume/apache-flume-1.4.0-RC1/

Maven staging repo:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-067/

The tag to be voted on:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=commit;h=756924e96ace470289472a3bdb4d87e273ca74ef

Flume's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release is here:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flume/dist/KEYS

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Sounds good, Mike, Arvind - thanks! I guess it really is BSD-licensed!

My vote:

+1

* Verified checksums, signatures
* Full build, runs OK.
* All top level files look good including the LICENSE file.

Thanks,
Hari

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1

 - Verified sigs & checksums
 - Verified that all jars are accounted for in LICENSE file
 - RELEASE-NOTES / CHANGELOG look ok
 - Unit tests pass
 - Binary artifact runs with default config template file

Mike

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
- build, test works
- Windows related sources works

Good work,
 Alex

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.4.0 RC1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
+1

* Built the sources
* Verified checksums and signatures