Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Esa Heikkinen <es...@student.tut.fi> on 2018/04/23 13:03:41 UTC

Flink and spatial data

Hi

How Flink can deal with a spatial (position of coordinates) data ?

For example, I would want to check the coordinates of some moving object have crossed some boundary.
Is that possible ?

Best, Esa

Re: Flink and spatial data

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Esa,

there's no built-in support for handling spatial data in Flink.
However, you can use any JVM-based spatial library in your library to
perform such computations.
One option is the ESRI library [1].

Also there is a JIRA issue [2] to add support for a few spatial functions
(as provided by Calcite) to the SQL API.
But this has not started yet, AFAIK.

Best, Fabian

[1] https://github.com/Esri/geometry-api-java