Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2020/05/08 17:09:17 UTC

Declaring multiple fields or vars on single line

The Geode/GemFire code base has never allowed declaring multiple fields or
vars on single line:

private MemberVM locator, server1, server2;

If spotless does NOT prevent this, then it's an oversight. Please do NOT do
the above.

If anyone feels strongly about changing the coding style to allow this,
then please propose that here on list rather than just doing it because
spotless happens to allow it. This is a bug in our spotless format.

PS: if anyone knows how to change spotless to fix this, please do it!

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Declaring multiple fields or vars on single line

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
+1