Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/07/20 14:23:23 UTC

[PROPOSAL/DISCUSS] New 6.x release schedule

Hi all,

seeing we’re having issues getting v6.0.0 ready and stable for a release candidate, I’d like to propose the following changes to the 6.x release process:

1) v6.0.0 gets pushed out to September 15, 2016.  This does *not* mean you should ignore the issues holding up the 6.0.0, on the contrary. Please, it is everyones responsibility to help making these releases, not just the RM.

2) v6.1.0 is scheduled for January 15, 2016, and v6.2.0 for April 15 2016.

3) There is no v6.3.0 release, instead v6.2.0 is the LTS for the 6.x cycle.

4) v7.0.0 stays scheduled for a July 2016 release for now, but we might revisit that after the outcome of the v6.x releases.

On a personal note, I’m a little disappointed that we’ve let the current RM down, and have not been helping him getting the release for v6.0.0 ready for production use in a timely manner. Being RM is an arduous task, everyone, please make an effort of lessen the burden on our RMs by focusing development efforts on the upcoming release(s).

Thanks,

— Leif

Re: [PROPOSAL/DISCUSS] New 6.x release schedule

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> seeing we’re having issues getting v6.0.0 ready and stable for a release candidate, I’d like to propose the following changes to the 6.x release process:
>
> 1) v6.0.0 gets pushed out to September 15, 2016.  This does *not* mean you should ignore the issues holding up the 6.0.0, on the contrary. Please, it is everyones responsibility to help making these releases, not just the RM.

Well dammit, obviously Sep 15 2015.

-- Leif

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a plan to me.  It does look like there's quite a few tickets
open against v6.0.  :(

Regards,

Adam