Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/08/01 02:10:02 UTC

reload the current page?

Subject: reload the current page?
From: "David Chu" <da...@aol.net>
 ===
Given that I am in an arbitrary page in my webapp, I have a header at the
top of each page that is a toggle button for some user state.  If the user
clicks the button, I want to reload the current page, with the user state
changed.  This is tricky because the request.getHeader("referer") is
sometimes not the most recent path of the Action just performed (in the case
of Actions forwarding to other Actions).

I think one way to accomplish this is write the current requested Action's
path to a session variable, for example, "/ViewShoppingCart.do," and, if the
next action is the click of the toggle button, forward to this path again
after doing what I need to (i.e. changing user state).

The problem is I do not know how to find a reference to any given Action's
path which are defined in the struts-config.xml.  How could I access this,
or how else could I accomplish this?

Thanks for the help!

--
-david