Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 22:52:29 UTC

Kafka replication presentation at ApacheCon

Hi,

I gave a talk on Kafka replication at ApacheCon yesterday. The slides can
be found at http://www.slideshare.net/junrao/kafka-replication-apachecon2013(it's
also added to Kafka wiki). I will share the link to the recorded
video once it's available.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: Kafka replication presentation at ApacheCon

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Right, everything has to go through the leader. If the producer waits for
ack=committed, it will get an exception when sending m3. So the producer is
aware of that m3 may not be committed by the broker. The producer can
choose to resend m3 if it wants to be sure that m3 is safely stored at the
brokers.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com>.