Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/09/30 00:08:09 UTC

Servlet documentation.

I have noticed that http://localhost:8080/apps.tidy.5.json produces a
list of all the sevlets (and scripts) registered with Sling. At the
moment this list only contains the names of the servlets. Presumably
if I added a suitable AdapterFactroy for a ServletResource adapting To
a PropertiesMap, ValueMap or plain old Map I could query the class to
get some developer documentation direct from the Servlet

Does that sound possible ?

Our UI developers are hungry for documentation and don't like reading
code. ( strangely when asked if they write documentation, they tell me
the are only capable of reading it :))

Ian

Re: Servlet documentation.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 30.09.2009 00:08, Ian Boston wrote:
> I have noticed that http://localhost:8080/apps.tidy.5.json produces a
> list of all the sevlets (and scripts) registered with Sling. At the
> moment this list only contains the names of the servlets. Presumably if
> I added a suitable AdapterFactroy for a ServletResource adapting To a
> PropertiesMap, ValueMap or plain old Map I could query the class to get
> some developer documentation direct from the Servlet
>
> Does that sound possible ?

Yes. Alternatively (sounds like an interesting idea, really), the
ServletResource class itself could implement a (read-only) Map adapter
(ValueMap seems wrong in this case) to get back the service registration
properties of the servlet.

WDYT ?

> Our UI developers are hungry for documentation and don't like reading
> code. ( strangely when asked if they write documentation, they tell me
> the are only capable of reading it :))

Hehe ...

Regards
Felix