Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Sherman <ad...@teachandtravel.com> on 2002/10/23 19:10:54 UTC

Mapping Clarification

In a mapping:

- input is the form
- name matches the name of the Form Bean

Is this correct?

When does 'input' get called? If I hit the action with no arguments? On
a validation error?

I have an action with an input, and a form bean, but the action still
gets called when there are no arguments.

Thanks,

A.

--
Adam Sherman
Software Developer

Re: Mapping Clarification

Posted by Adam Sherman <ad...@teachandtravel.com>.
Adam Sherman wrote:
> In a mapping:
>
> - input is the form
> - name matches the name of the Form Bean
>
> Is this correct?
>
> When does 'input' get called? If I hit the action with no arguments? On
> a validation error?
>
> I have an action with an input, and a form bean, but the action still
> gets called when there are no arguments.

Hmmm, no validation seems to be occurring. Validator logs that it has
setup the fields, but the action always gets called.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

A.

--