Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Junior Tsire <ja...@yahoo.fr> on 2014/04/03 13:54:52 UTC

Embedded pig in java

Hi everybody,

I have been following a tutorial on how to embed pig in java because I am currently learning it. I used the sample code that I found on http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/cont.html to teach myself and here is the code that I took and paste it on netbeans

package idlocal;

import java.io.IOException;

import org.apache.pig.PigServer;

public class Idlocal{

try {
    PigServer pigServer = new PigServer("local");
    runIdQuery(pigServer, "passwd");
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
    }
 }

public static void runIdQuery(PigServer pigServer, String inputFile) throws IOException {
    pigServer.registerQuery("A = load '" + inputFile + "' using PigStorage(':');");
    pigServer.registerQuery("B = foreach A generate $0 as id;");
    pigServer.store("B", "id.out");
 }
}

I managed to compile it on cygwin by doing javac -cp <path>pig.jar idlocal.java. It successfully created the class file. Now when I tried to run it (on cygwin) by doing  java -cp <path>pig.jar idlocal, it gave me the this Error: Could not find or load main class Idlocal.
I really need some help because I don't know what is going on :(

Re: Embedded pig in java

Posted by Junior Tsire <ja...@yahoo.fr>.
thanks for your help :)
Le Vendredi 4 avril 2014 2h36, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> a écrit :

You can run the maven profile on bigpetstore as an example as well:

(see PigCSVCleaner.java):
https://github.com/jayunit100/bigpetstore/

And for a visual demo you can watch how we use maven to run local pig tasks
w/ PigServer in maven (somewhere in the middle of the video) here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVB3nEKN94k

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com