Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/07 20:50:28 UTC

Demo Servers Down?

I get this error when trying to use the OFBiz demos:

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, dev@ofbiz.apache.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4.3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at ofbiz-vm.apache.org Port 443

-Adrian

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
Hi Guys,

I just realised that on the new demo server the reports on this page
don't work as the DataWarehouse has not been initialised.

https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org/ordermgr/control/OrderPurchaseReportOptions?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y

If the demo server has a full rebuild each night can initialising the
DataWarehouse be added to the list so that the reports work correctly.

Cheers
Sam

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Ean Schuessler wrote:
> David E Jones wrote:
>> It keeps it for a little more than a drop down. Try trimming things out and see how the searching, reverse references, and so on are working afterwards.
>>
> Can it extract the data it needs from the entities and then release the
> references?

Yeah, it doesn't need to keep a referenc to the entire widget object
graph, just the cross-references to each included part.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
On Feb 8, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> David E Jones wrote:
>> The thing with the ArtifactInfo stuff is that you're not lazy-loading any more, you're getting every service implementation, screen, form, menu, etc all in memory at the same time. Currently in OFBiz that's a lot of stuff and it takes up a fair bit of memory. It could possibly be optimized to use less memory for the same stuff, but one way or another it's a lot of stuff.
>
> It still doesn't need to keep it all in memory.  The artifact stuff
> scans everything, so it can populate a drop-down.  However, it keeps a
> hard-ref to it while it is scanning, and that is what causes the
> memory usage to balloon.

It keeps it for a little more than a drop down. Try trimming things out and see how the searching, reverse references, and so on are working afterwards.

-David

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
This would be better, but is it possible? Anyway we should ask infra with a Jira to know...

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>
I'd start by doubling the memory - go to 2 GB for two instances - at least.  The server we were hosting at Contegix had 6 GB by the
time we got comfy.

Cheers,
Ruppert

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Hans,

Re: Demo Servers Down?

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates