Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Challen He <ch...@microsoft.com> on 2015/01/21 05:33:59 UTC

quick OData service on JDBC ? (RE: ODATA for Azure HBASE)

+ Apache Olingo mailing lists for more thoughts.

There is JPA support in olingo2, which I think can help to quickly expose database as OData service, but I am not sure about olingo4.

Thanks,-Challen

Posted by Thierry Templier <te...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi Challen and Michael,
I'm working on a project that aims to provide a generic frame to expose different data store kinds (ElasticSearch, JDBC, ...) as OData services based on Olingo v4. I'm in the process of providing this as an open source module. I would be pleased to discuss this with the Olingo community. The mailing-list "olingo-dev" is perhaps a better place for this...
Thierry ______________________________________________
-- Take a look at my blog: http://templth.wordpress.com/

     Le Mercredi 21 janvier 2015 6h39, "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com> a écrit :

 Hi Challen,
yes, there exists a JPA extension for Olingo 2.But for Olingo 4 actual such an extension does not exists (at least official by Olingo).As far as I know actual exists also no plan to start with such an extension, but perhaps someone in the community is working on this.
Kind regards,Michael

Sent: 2015年1月20日 3:00
To: OData Discussion
Subject: ODATA for Azure HBASE Hello Everyone,We are working on a project that would expose Office 365 usage data to customers.In order to achieve this we are uploading a set of metrics in Azure Hbase. In order to enable SQL style queries and secondary indexes we are running Apache Phoenix on top of Hbase. This effectively transforms the cluster into a JDBC data source.I was wondering if anyone had tried running Apache Olingo  to implement an OData head on top of Apache Phoenix? Any help bootstrapping this is greatly appreciated.Thanks,Tudor

Re: quick OData service on JDBC ? (RE: ODATA for Azure HBASE)

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
I work on a open source project called "Teiid"( http://teiid.org ), it is a relational data virtualization engine. This project is LGPL2 and from JBoss Community. You can view this as relational engine on any other type of data source like HBase, providing full ANSI-SQL support on top. I am in process of integrating Olingo 4 to provide REST interface. You can also use JDBC, Hibernate, ODBC etc on top. Check out and ask any question in Teiid's community forums. Yes, we just added support for Pheonix based HBase in version 8.10.Beta

Ramesh..
http://teiid.org

Posted by Sebastian Samaruga <co...@gmail.com>.
Hello, I don't know if this could help. Although the paper talks a lot
about semantic web, etc. it could be used as a (very, very under
development) JDBC to OData layer. It just takes configuring datasources.xml
file into runtime/process folder and it will expose a variety of datasource
kinds into OData. OWL (Semantic Web) support is yet to be implemented with
OData inter operable URIs and identifiers.

It's in very early stages of development available at:
svn checkout http://cognescent.googlecode.com/svn/ cognescent-read-only

Deploy it and point your browser at:
http://localhost:8080/CBI/dom.svc
or
http://localhost:8080/CBI/dom.svc/$metadata
To see if the translation works. The tables need to have a primary key and
it imports the whole schema specified in the JDBC URL (needs to specify
schema in JDBC URL).

Regards,
Sebastian.

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.