Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by "EXI-Sisodiya, Pramod" <pr...@boeing.com> on 2017/08/23 17:42:08 UTC

Query- Marmotta-Jena Integration!

Hi Team,

I am working on a PoC to use Marmotta platform, able to load & access the data using Kiwi DB but got to know that Kiwi is not good if data is huge.
I am trying to configure Apache Jena as backend in Marmotta but no luck. I have tried all ways to find out the answer but not getting an answer. Could you please give some pointers to configure Jena with Marmotta.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Pramod Sisodiya
Mobile +1 (425) 229-8720

Re: Query- Marmotta-Jena Integration!

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Marmotta relies on what we call "backends" [1] for exchanging the actual
technology we use for persistence (default one is KiWi [2]).

Currently Marmotta Backends need to be Sesame 2.7 compatible. We're working
on migrating to RDF4J, but we don't have any timeline for that.

Therefore, if you want to use any of the Jena storage solutions, you may
need to bridge it. I'm not aware of any proper solution for that, but there
was different implementations by Andy and Peter. Actually that was of the
uses cases behind Commons RDF [3]. So it'd be great if you could explore
that path and come back to us with any feedback.

Cheers,

[1] https://marmotta.apache.org/platform/backends.html
[2] https://marmotta.apache.org/kiwi
[3] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/