Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> on 2003/02/03 12:05:47 UTC

Link Livesites: CBIM (Cocoon 2.1-dev)

Our new corporate website http://www.cbim.it/ is running on Cocoon
2.1-dev since Feb 1st 2003.

It's only in Italian at the moment, but we plan do deliver an English
version shortly.

Many thanks to all the Cocoon developers who made this possible.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

Re: Link Livesites: CBIM (Cocoon 2.1-dev)

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Congratulations Ugo!
>
> First time it takes almost 16 secs. (DNS resolving, etc.)
> Second time: 1.9 secs. (I think here was just cache issue.)
> Third time: Pressing reload button - 4.95 secs.
>
> I think this are nice times.

Times from our LAN, without the network latency, are of course much
faster, even though we haven't done any tuning yet, much less under load.

One point to consider: The site is served directly by Tomcat 4.1.18, but
images are served statically by an Apache httpd server, since the
version of Cocoon we used has a bug in the resource reader which causes
resources to always be served anew even if the original file has not
changed (maybe this is fixed now, I'm going to upgrade to the newest
HEAD version for the next iteration and check if this is indeed so).
Incidentally, there is a CSS file that is still served by Cocoon via
map:read and thus is resent again for each page :-(.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Congratulations Ugo!

First time it takes almost 16 secs. (DNS resolving, etc.)
Second time: 1.9 secs. (I think here was just cache issue.)
Third time: Pressing reload button - 4.95 secs.

I think this are nice times.

I am using Mozilla in Red Hat Linux 8.0.
Location: Managua, Nicaragua, Central America.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Ugo Cei dijo: