Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/06/09 18:41:51 UTC

status

FYI, I've gotten my server back to its co-location and I'm working on
learning how to install scarab.
Running out of weekend, so it will probably be another week. (I haven't
forgotten)

-Andy

Re: status

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 13:11, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> >There is an installation of Scarab on nagoya which is where I've been
> >working on upgrading what's there. A mailing list for the admin has also
> >been setup scarab-admin@apache.org.
> >
> Cool I'll subscribe.

We'll just add you to the list, nothing to subscribe to.

> >I was gone for about six weeks so I didn't know there was discussion of
> >Scarab but nagoya is where it will live as it's well maintained (that's
> >not to say your colo box wouldn't be), backed up regularly and well
> >connected.
> >

> Oh no, I am practicing on my colo box.  I've never installed scarab
> before so *shrug* its called
> paranoia (my preferred mode of system adminstration).  I intended to
> install it on nagoya.  I've no
> desire to assume that kinda traffic on my box ;-)
>
> Sorry for the confusion, this was intended as a status update for a
> previous mail.
>
> >Currently Daniel Rall and I get the scarab-admin mail but I know that
> >Dan is super busy and probably wouldn't mind you taking his place if
> >you're keen on helping with Scarab. Or we can simply add you to the list
> >of admins.
> >

> Cool, Pier gave me access to the box.  Is there any data in that scarab
> install?

Yes, but we can dump it pretty easily. There is a #scarab chatroom on
irc.whichever.com:6667 if you want to chat about the details. Dan is
usually there too.

> -Andy
>

> >>-Andy
> >>

> >>--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: status

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: status

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 12:41, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> FYI, I've gotten my server back to its co-location and I'm working on
> learning how to install scarab.
> Running out of weekend, so it will probably be another week. (I haven't
> forgotten)

There is an installation of Scarab on nagoya which is where I've been
working on upgrading what's there. A mailing list for the admin has also
been setup scarab-admin@apache.org.

I was gone for about six weeks so I didn't know there was discussion of
Scarab but nagoya is where it will live as it's well maintained (that's
not to say your colo box wouldn't be), backed up regularly and well
connected.

Currently Daniel Rall and I get the scarab-admin mail but I know that
Dan is super busy and probably wouldn't mind you taking his place if
you're keen on helping with Scarab. Or we can simply add you to the list
of admins.

> -Andy

jvz.

Jason van Zyl