Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/07 06:34:49 UTC

replication status

Hi,

We didn't close any jira this week, but have patch under review for the
following jiras.
KAFKA-343: Leader election, become leader, become follower (v3. A,C)
KAFKA-338: controller failover (V3. D)

We have people signed up on the following jiras:
KAFKA-350: Improve the highwatermark maintenance to handle failures
KAFKA-354: refactor setter/getter in scala style
KAFKA-362: ZKConsumerConnector needs to reconnect to new leader after
leader change in a partition

Once KAFKA-343,KAFKA-338,KAFKA-350 and KAFKA-362 are done (which we expect
to happen in the next week or two), most big jiras for phase 2 are done.
After that, we will spend some time to close some of the smaller jiras and
then proceed with phase 3.

The following jiras can be worked on in parallel and we
welcome contribution from the community.
KAFKA-376: expose different data to fetch requests from the follower
replicas and consumer clients
KAFKA-386: Race condition in accessing ISR
KAFKA-385: RequestPurgatory enhancements
KAFKA-369: remove ZK dependency on producer
KAFKA-288: rework java producer API
KAFKA-289: reuse TopicData when sending produce request
KAFKA-391: Producer request and response classes should use maps
KAFKA-355: Move the highwatermark maintenance logic out of Log.
KAFKA-384: Fix intermittent test failures and remove unnecessary sleeps
KAFKA-356: create a generic thread class

Thanks,

Jun