Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Stevens <ge...@uniserve.com> on 2018/11/29 21:38:35 UTC

[users@httpd] This is done by ensuring that the web server can write to these locations.

I want to set up a folder so that I can use a plugin in wordpress, the
instructions work up to the point where I get this direction, but I
don't know how to ensure that the apache instance has write access to
the folder. I have admin rights. Suggestions? Reference?

TIA

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin

Re: [users@httpd] This is done by ensuring that the web server can write to these locations.

Posted by Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com>.
Largely this is file permissions, depending on your operating system there
may be other considerations, such as SELinux issues.  The last thing I can
think of is maybe needing directory and alias directives in the Apache
config.