Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nutchsolruser <nu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 06:47:28 UTC

Solr UIMA with KEA

Is there any way we can extract tags or keyphrases from solr document at
index time?

I know we can use solr UIMA library  to enrich solr document with metadata
but it require alchemy API key (which we have to purchase for commercial
use) . Can we wrap KeyPhraseExtractor(KEA) in UIMA for this purpose  if yes
then then let me know some useful pointers for doing this.

Thank you ,

RE: Solr UIMA with KEA

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Sorry, wrong list :)

RE: Solr UIMA with KEA

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Re: Solr UIMA with KEA

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
the AlchemyAPI service is not mandatory (it's there just as an example and
can be safely removed), you can use whatever service you want as long as
it's wrapped by a UIMA AnalysisEngine and you specify its descriptor.
See following updateChain example configuration :

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="uima">
<processor class="
org.apache.solr.uima.processor.UIMAUpdateRequestProcessorFactory">
<lst name="uimaConfig">
<lst name="runtimeParameters">
</lst>
<str name="analysisEngine">
/path/to/KEAdescritpor.xml
</str>

Then the KEAdescriptor.xml contains the UIMA descriptor for the wrapped
service, if you need directions on how to create it feel free to ask on
dev@uima.a.o mailing list.
Hope this helps,
Tommaso