Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vasanth Kamatgi <va...@ecomzera.com> on 2006/05/06 12:35:53 UTC

Restart Tomcat Virtual Host - HOWTO

Hi,
I have used tomcat to host a couple of my web sites, which are continuously
evolving.  I have configured them both as virtual hosts in tomcat and I am
able
to access them independently without any problem.  The problem is... when I
am
updating some class files, jars in one of the websites, I would require to
restart the virtual host for the changes to take effect.  But this will
cause
my other website also to go down.  I was wondering if there is a way to
restart
just one virtual host of a tomcat instance rather than the whole tomcat
without
effecting the other virtual hosts on that tomcat.  I have searched through
tomcat documentation, and also google, but there is no mention about this.
would appreciate if somebody could point me to a resource, giving info on
this
problem.

Note: Individually reloading a web application is not a possible solution,
because of memory-related issues.  I am looking at clean restart of a tomcat
virtual host.

regards,
Vasanth